* Racing is right around the corner, and the buzz is really building! Thanks to EVERYBODY in helping spread the word about the Holeshot Drags this coming weekend. It'll be because of you that this event will be successful. Please do your best to continue spreading the word. The more people and racers that come, the better chance we will have a second event at the end of Oct., and a weekly event next season (that'll be only 7 months away!).
* Start times: There are some that have questions regarding times and prices, so here goes: Friday: 4pm is sign-in, 5:30 is test & tune until no later than 10pm. Saturday: 9am sign-in starts, 12 noon is test & tune, 3pm is the start of eliminations for all classes. Admission: Pits are $20 per person per day, pits open to all both days. Grandstands are $10 per person, under 14 is free. Note: Grandstands are open only on Saturday, closed on Friday night, due to security issues. Entry fees: There are no entry fees for all cars running for trophies. The "Pro-Street" Shootout event is a $25 entry fee, payable on Saturday. Cars will be running a 0.400 "Pro-tree", heads-up.
* Rules are simple. Cars must be completely street legal, have a legitimate plate, DOT tires (ET Streets and the like are fine), mufflers in place, belts and harness to be used, helmets mandatory. The bottom line is that the cars competing should be able to be able to be legally driven on and off the property. Simple, right? All cars are welcome... FWD, RWD, AWD, trucks, motorcycles, imports, street rods, all-out modified cars, mildly modified cars, completely stock cars.
* Classes: All cars are competitive... we will be putting fast cars with fast cars, slow cars with slow cars. The trophy classes will actually be indexes. We may have to make some adjustments, but the indexes will probably be 2.00, 2.25, 2.50, 2.75, 3.00, 3.50. Experience has shown us that a wildly modified car will run low 2's, so they will run in the 2.00, 2.25, or 2.50 indexes. A stock FWD 4 cyl. car will run in the 3's, so therefore would run in the 3.00 or 3.50 index. Basically, this is how it works: Everybody will have a chance to do test & tune to see what time their car will do. You will then choose which index to run in. Fast cars cannot compete in the slower indexes because they . would be in danger of "breaking out" . In other words, if a car that runs in the 3.00 index, but runs 2.99 or faster, they "break out" and therefore automatically lose the race. You cannot run faster than your index, or else you run into the danger of losing the race. The "Pro-Street" Shootout is open to all that wish to pay the $25 entry fee, but we suggest only the faster cars enter. All Pro-Street cars are allowed to run for trophies also.
* Any other questions and concerns? Please write us or call at 631-991-1614. We look forward to seeing all of you this weekend! Jay